Hundred and fifty years mark an exceptional milestone in the chronicle of Presentation Convent Girls Hr.Sec.School. The Franciscan sisters of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary entrenched their rudimentary paramount educational institution in the year 1865, situated in the megalopolis of Coimbatore.
We are gratified that our school was the first educational institution for girls in Coimbatore conurbation and has procured its highest stature this very day. Rev.Fr.Ravel who hailed from a small village valarn in France came to Coimbatore in the year 1853. He started the Franciscan sisters of Presentation Blessed Virgin Mary in the year 1853 at Karumathampatti a Village situated in Coimbatore.
It was a period of transition when women came forward to be enriched and in return the Presentation Congregation rooted their first school in the heart of the city, which is a Manchester of South India namely Coimbatore. This was the very first school for women in this region.
In the year 1886 Rev.Fr.Noel Rondy’s commitment towards shaping young women with quality education gave the institution growth in strengthening and diversification. In the year 1927 the school was upgraded into Middle school status by the effort of the Rev.Fr.Beshu. In the year 1939 Rev.Fr.Periyer who was the driving force was the Correspondent of the school. It was his effort that made the school march forward into High School.
In 1940 Late Most Very Rev.Dr.S.Ambrose Bishop of Pondicherry was the Correspondent and Mrs.Perera was the Headmistress of the Institution and it was during their tenure the school dazzled as a Diamond in the diadem of Higher education. The visit of our former Chief Minister Late Thiru. Kamaraj to our school added to the Glory and fragrance of the Institution.
In the year 1946 Rev.Fr. D.M.Antony became the Correspondent of the school and in the year 1947 constructed the monumental constructions and provided excellent infrastructure needed for the school. 1947-1948 Rev.Mother Mary Pankraj became the Headmistress of the school. 1948-1957 under the guidance of Most.Very Rev.Dr.Sowrimuthu and eminent admistrator Very Rev.Mother General Lidwin, the institution attained many achievements in equipping young minds with quality education, personal and social skills to give the students confidence to take the rightful place in various walks of life.
In 1958 Mrs.Kanthamuthu was appointed as Headmistress and in 1958 June onwards to 1960 Rev.Sr.Mary Vianny was the Heamistress of the school. In the year 1962 the school purchased land for Playground from Municipal Chairman Mr.Nanjappa for 3000 Silver coins and this amount was donated by Scholar Thiru. U.A. Soosai Pillai and then Minister Lourdammal Simon to whom we are very much indebted.
In 1965 the school was upgraded into High School and that very same year the school celebrated its 25th year of Silver Jubilee. The Chief guest of day was then Honorable Minister of Tamilnadu Palliakottai Pattakaar Thiru. Nall Senathipathy Sarkarai Mandradiyar. From 1967-1969 Rev.Mother Stella, 1970-1972 Rev.Sr.Mary Regina, 1972-1974 Rev.Mother Lidwin, 1974-1978 Rev.Mother Bernedette were Headmistress of the school. Under their efficient leadership they infused both dynamism and innovation in both academic and administrative areas and took the school to great heights.
The school was upgraded into Higher Secondary in the year 1974. From 1978 – 1980 Rev.Sr.Mary Jane, 1980-1983 Rev.Mother Immaculate, 1983-1985 Rev.Mother Dorathy Queenie, 1985-1986 Rev.Mother Marcelline, 1986-1987 Rev.Sr.Juvanita, 1987 – 1991 Rev.Sr.Josephine, 1991-1997 Rev.Sr.Jesy Mary, 1997-2000 Rev.Sr.Benette were the Headmistress of the school. It was during Rev.Sr.Benette’s tenure the school saw new buildings for classrooms purpose.
From 2000 – 2002 Rev.Sr.Celine , 2002 – 2007 Rev.Sr.Jesu Mary(Second Term) were the Heamistress of the school. R.Uma Devi of XII Std Secured State 3rd rank (Shorthand) in the XII std Public Examination 2003-2004. Martin Mercy Secured 3rd rank ( Dress Designing ) in the XII std Public Examination 2004 – 2005. In the year 2007 – 2009 Rev.Sr.Josephine took charge as Headmistress for the second term and in the year 2009 – 2012 Rev.Sr.Josephine Hillary was the Headmistress.
2012 Rev.Sr.Lucy became the Headmistress. It was during her tenure the school celebrated its Sesquicentennial Year (150 Years- 1865-2015).
“You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.”
2 Corinthians 9:11